CASA of Los Angeles mobilizes community volunteers to advocate for children who have experienced abuse and neglect. CASA’s vision is a Los Angeles in which every child in the child welfare system has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. In FY2018, the organization served over 1,100 children through more than 900 Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers in Los Angeles County.
CASA intends to continue to grow the number of volunteers trained each year, the number who stay active in a year, and the revenue raised from community partners and other donors.
CASA of Los Angeles is seeking an experienced, part-time HR Manager. This individual will provide onsite HR support and will be the initial point of contact for HR. The schedule is 9AM-1PM (negotiable), Monday through Friday and will be based at the Monterey Park office.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide onsite HR support with the ability to answer basic HR related questions.
· Serve as first point of contact for all employment-related matters; field questions and assess presenting HR issues; coordinate with HR consultant.
· Maintain paper and cloud based HR files in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Oversee recruiting process: update job descriptions and listings, place job postings, review resumes, conduct screening interviews, perform reference and background checks for finalists, and prepare offer letters.
· Administer new employee onboarding: prepare new hire packet, establish HR files (paper and electronic), create network credentials, prepare new desk, organize new employee meeting and orientation, ensure all documents are complete, review organization policies and procedures, provide support with benefits enrollment, distribute and/or store completed paperwork as appropriate.
· Collaborate with CEO and CFO to conduct an annual review of employee benefits, recommending changes as appropriate.
· Coordinate annual open enrollment.
· Periodically review benefits billing to ensure accuracy of enrollment and coverage.
· Coordinate performance review process.
· Administer and coordinate employee training programs.
· Coordinate exit interviews.
· Bachelor’s degree and three years of work experience in an HR role.
· Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
· Ability to thrive and work effectively independently and as a part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Full cycle recruitment experience.
· Understanding of, and ability to apply, established HR practices and procedures.
· HR certification a plus.
· Experience or interest in working for a non-profit organization.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit to a full live scan and background check.
CASA of Los Angeles promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.
CASA of Los Angeles will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.